Friday, January 25, 2013

Down, Down the Rabbit Hole...

To start off with, I'll give you a little bit of an insight into my life. I'm nothing special and thankfully I lead a somewhat drama-free life. However, for the past 10 years of my dating life, it's been anything but drama-free. Is this unusual? Probably not, but even at 28 years old and single I might add, I'm still trying to figure all of it out.

Before I dive deep into the rabbit hole of my life though, let me tell you a little bit about me. My name is Ashley and I'm 28 years old (currently, as I begin my blog). I'm an only child to two very loving parents that brought me up the best way a little girl should be brought up - with love, encouragement, humor and stability. I couldn't have asked for a better family if I must say so. As for friends, I'm happy to say that it's just as amazing. Most of these special people in my life I've known since high school. But if not as long, I've shared experiences with them that have probably tied them to me for life (or so I hope).

As for work, I'm the Social Media Manager for a credit union. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine myself being in this kind of position. I landed a job that I absolutely love and learn from each day and I couldn't ask for anything better. Well, I can only imagine what the future holds for me because I'm always up for new ventures. Once out of high school, I took a break and just worked until I got tired of not being in college like the rest of my friends. I applied to the Art Institute of Dallas, got accepted and attended for 1 quarter until I decided it was just not for me. The original plan of going for computer animation was shot down by my counselor shortly after I had started and I was told that graphic design would be a better fit for me. To my amazement, it was something that I was still passionate about and I learned to love it. After quitting AID, I moved back to Austin where I attended a community college and paid for all of my tuition and books out of pocket. Let me tell you, it was refreshing to not add anymore debt into the student loans that I had already incurred.

So with all of that said, the in-between stuff consists of my dating life which is not so great and as pretty of a picture. But honestly, who's is right? I'm just one of those people who took a little longer to learn from my mistakes. I'm 28 and finally feel like I have a grasp on things: what I want, what I don't want and what I will and will not tolerate from a guy. After 10 years of being in the dating world, I'm finally glad to be here!

Here I am though, starting yet another blog that I really hope to continue and stay up to date with. Join me on my journey to self-discovery. I'm sure this will be filled with nonsense, personal stories and other random tidbits about me. If anything, this will be something that I can keep for myself and look back on later in life. Something I can laugh about, cry over or just get entertainment from.

Last but not least, thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I'll love writing it!


Much love,
Ashley

6 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Can't wait to read more <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, great writing! I too can't wait to read more. It's funny cause I have also come to realize what I want and how much I despise drama and those dreadful phases that come with people like that. Once again great job Ashley, miss you bunches, hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benny for the support, it really means a lot. I miss you as well and hope that you're doing good. I plan on making a trip to East Texas in the coming months so when I do I'll let you know :) *hugs*

      Delete