Monday, January 28, 2013

"We're all mad here"

Before I go any further, I think I may have forgotten to mention that I have a SLIGHT obsession with "Alice in Wonderland". As you can already see, I feel like I can relate to this character in a sense. A girl that is constantly daydreaming, gets bored with the every day monotony of life and way way too curious about things. Anywho, enough of my rambling!

I really couldn't have picked a better title for this entry because I really did feel "mad as a hatter" this weekend and a little bit into today. Typically Mondays are not as bad for me as they are for everyone else and it really wasn't that bad, but I did want to strangle the people at the car dealership.

I'd like to think of myself as a very optimistic person, but today I was just not feeling it. I think it started on Saturday when I dropped my car off to have it looked at. I was worried that it was leaking oil and my brakes were definitely squeeking. Around 2:30 in the afternoon I had dropped it off to have it looked at, much to my dismay they closed at 4pm. Did anyone bother to tell me that? No, because otherwise I would have just waited until this week to have it done. Dumbasses. And you know something? We really do take things for granted because I did miss not having my car this weekend. I absolutely HATE having to rely on other people but I truly do appreciate my parents helping me out yet again. I don't know what I would do without them.

So aside from that it has been a pretty busy day here at work. Let me tell you though, positive thinking does wonders! I got a call from the Service Manager where I dropped my car off and he said there was absolutely no spot of oil that indicated a leak, nor was there anything major that was going on with the brakes. *PHEW* Needless to say I was super happy to hear all of that news and that I'd be getting my car back.

All in all it was a great day though. I was thankful to have my Dad pick me up and drop me off at work this morning and I got to have lunch with my Mom. In addition to that, I got the pleasure of being visited by a red-tailed hawk yet again (I'd like to think this holds some deep meaning like the sign of it being a great year).

Moral of the story people: Trying to think positively during any situation definitely helps! I'm not saying it cures everything but putting those positive vibes out there can't hurt anyone, especially yourself.

Side note: Most of my blog entries won't be this boring, but it was a good day and I figured I would share it with you all. I hope you all had a great Monday. Here's to an outstanding week ahead!

 
Much love,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment